Now that you have finished up your spring cleaning, you may be looking for a new, fun project to take on to work on the aesthetic of your home. Regardless of if you have ever gardened before, planting some flower beds is a great project to take up some of your time, get outside and enjoy the fresh air, and watch beautiful flowers grow right before your eyes! If you are not experienced with planting flower beds, we are here to help with some steps that you need to consider as you work through the process:
- First, come up with a game plan as to where you want to plant the flower beds. As you are thinking about the location of where to plant them, think about what areas get enough sunlight each day, whether the area will easily collect water, and if it is common for weeds to grow in or around that area. You want to make sure that you are choosing a healthy spot for your flower beds to develop.
- Next, you should begin seeding. When you purchase seeds for the flower bed, make sure to do your research and ensure that they will easily grow in your environment.
- It is important once you begin seeding that you are prepared with edges for your flower bed, so that all flowers grow within the same area and it looks clean-cut. Look for natural looking edges that will be sturdy and last longer – it is a key investment!
- As you are planting, do not forget about purchasing some filler plants to help provide structure to the area year-round. As you are looking into these plants, consider how tall and big they will grow, as you do not want them to overpower the flowers.
- Lastly, don’t forget about the mulch, which is a must to ensure that there is enough moisture around the flowers and that you are preventing weeds from growing around them. When you are mulching, be sure to not put too much mulch down so your flowers have enough room to breathe and grow!